Amazon has parental controls integrated into it. But for accessing it, extra charges have to be paid. Fortunately, you have the option to convert an Amazon Echo into a ‘Kid’s Edition’ model and get the same user-friendly feature for the children.
Majority of the children learn technology quickly
All of us are aware that Alexa is very useful for solving our queries. It helps in many things starting from playing songs to managing the smart home.
Amazon has observed the needs of the children and accordingly made Echo Kid’s Edition. Such as it has parental control which turns on time and text limits. This sets as a barrier for the kids from getting addicted.
An amount has to be paid for the kid’s edition
It is worth noting that if you got an extra Echo with you and you want to save money, then you can consider converting that device to the Kid’s Edition model. For the kids who are music lovers, you can offer them a good quality of sound without plugging in any of the additional speakers.
The method of converting existing echo to kid’s edition
- Firstly, go to the Alexa application.
- Then, click on Devices. It shall be towards the below at the right side corner.
- After that, press on the Echo and Alexa.
- Next, move to the Echo that you would like to convert and click on the name of it.
- Then, move downwards and look for ‘Free Time.’ Click on it.
- After that, push the toggle of the Disabled towards the rightwards.
- Next, press on Amazon Free Time. It shall be towards the end of the display.
- Then, you need to comprise of a child set up for free time. If you don’t have, then you require to add one. For adding it, put the necessary credentials. And lastly, press on Add Child.
- If you want to add for more kids, click on Add Child and do the same process. After you are done with adding everyone, press on Continue.
- Next, sign in to the Amazon account of yours, give text verification code, read through the parental consent content, and by pressing on I agree give your permission for the same.
- After that, go through the list of options that have been presented before you and disable the feature that you would like if your kids have access to it.
- Then, press on Continue.
- If you wish to have Free Time Unlimited trial, press on Start your 1-month free trial. And if you don’t want to, then press on Cancel.
- Hit ‘X.’ It shall be towards the above at the corner side for closing the video of the introduction.
- By the application itself, you shall be able to change the time and age content limits. Alternatively, going to Amazon’s Parent Dashboard.
- After logging in, press on the option that you would wish to modify. For instance, ‘Set Daily Time Limits.’
Then, manage the required settings. For instance, in the setting Time Limits, you should first prefer enabling/disabling it and, then put the time whenever the Echo should get shut down and get started by itself.